Thursday 27 January 2022

Byung Han



"Today, we exploit ourselves – I exploit myself under the illusion that I am expressing myself."

"If a system attacks my freedom, then I have to resist. The perfidious thing is though that the system today doesn’t attack freedom, but instrumentalises it."

"The crisis of freedom is that we perceive compulsion as freedom, so no resistance is possible. If you compel me to do something, then I can fight this external compulsion. But if there is no longer an opponent who is compelling me to do something, then there can be no resistance. That’s why I chose the motto for the beginning of my book: “protect me from what I want”, the phrase made famous by the artist Jenny Holzer."


No comments:

" Political economy begins with   commodities , with the moment when products are exchanged, either by individuals or by primitive comm...