Tuesday 2 November 2021

dpdr

 

It was a feeling of being fundamentally wrong in your own body. It was a constant, continuous otherworldly experience. It’s a feeling that, if you’re feeling this way, you shouldn’t be existing at the same time. The feeling was of having left myself completely, constantly trying to grasp on to reality, trying to claw back what I’d had a few days ago. Yesterday I had a life, and now I’ve got nothing. During that first episode…hours followed where I sought reassurance from those around me, wanting to touch and talk to them constantly. I wanted to check that I still existed. Eventually, exhausted, I slept, in the hope that it would pass overnight. It didn’t.

Jane Charlton

No comments:

" Political economy begins with   commodities , with the moment when products are exchanged, either by individuals or by primitive comm...