Tuesday 11 June 2024

"I am really struggling with why criticism of certain methods only  begin when people on the oppressed side employ them for survival means. As a black person, talking about social injustice is a huge risk that I take because I know I'm possibly tanking my professional profile. As a woman, I often have to choose between my personal comfort/safety, or keeping quiet about sexism at large or in the work place. But I've never heard a collective concern about censorship or cancel culture in regards to this. 

But suddenly when oppressed people begin to demand accountability and consequences for bigotry, it becomes a national concern''. 


"Seems like "identity politics" was the dominant form of oppression in the Americas for 400 years, but the second us white people are confronted with it, now it's too divisive. What a coincidence!''


"There is no identity politics as viral and defended as white abled cishet male identity and associated political privilege. There is no cancel culture as pervasive as dominant white heteronormative culture that is so afraid of critical and embodied engagement with difference."


No comments:

" Political economy begins with   commodities , with the moment when products are exchanged, either by individuals or by primitive comm...