Saturday 6 January 2024

"As an autist Jew, I don't think you over react when you talk about the social murder of disabled people. I would say that maybe there's in fact a genocide or something similar of disabled people''.

 


"When will we recognize the conditions being imposed here in the states as well as elsewhere throughout the world are a slow sadistic genocide and little more''.

 


"I am Swedish, and the problems caused by my disability are NOTHING compared to the stress, pain and anxiety of trying to navigate our systems of social security. The second most painful thing is that Swedes in general don't believe me when I talk about how people like me are (mis-)treated by the gatekeepers of our safety nets. They think it must be bad luck, or else I am faking my disability, when in fact the system is working as designed, rather than as intended''.


"The people who really suffer in the system are those with mental health conditions, especially if that overlaps with addiction, for example. It's easier for assessors to undermine that kind of disability because it's often partly true that these claimants might be undermining themselves...Other disabled people often look down on them because their conditions are seen as self-inflicted, or the result of moral failure. There's nothing class-conscious about a spinal injury. I think that's a factor in my being able to tackle the system from the standpoint of someone who is perceived as "deserving".

"They are trained to fuck up, to shift blame to the next department, and the next, and the next."


"Having similar problems with the psychiatric system in Denmark. Completely useless and honestly extremely harmful when they do try to “help”.


"I'm worried about disinformation and plain lack of knowledge...It scares me that you don't have to be a horrible bigot to make the world harder for vulnerable people".


"The main issue isn't funding, it's almost entirely to do with the way the system is run, it leads to prejudice and bigotry and it needs to change".


"I now am going to do everything I can to help my friend from afar, until she gets the treatment she needs and far after that. She will not become another one of the thousands who were taken too soon from this world because of the negligence of others".

 

"Some thoughts from Greece: You cannot make a system this horrific without every cog wanting to make it as hard as possible and wanting to kill as many trans people as possible."


"I see so many parallels to other failing institutions from climate change, the drug war, inequity, homelessness, urban design and the list goes on and on. So many institutions causing the harm they are intended to fix".
 

"This just hits me so incredibly hard. Especially about the hopeless feeling of not wanting to be bitter, angry and seeing the bad in humanity but then also only getting information and experiences that tell you "everything is fucked, everything is on fire!" Like, it is easy to blame and get angry...but that won't do anything. You just feel powerless".


"I don't know how much longer I can hold in all the grief I feel for every fucking person in this comment section. Can we riot? Right now? Can we go outside and just fucking release that shit onto the buildings that uphold our murder? I need it to be in my lifetime. I'm only keeping hope so I can wreck shit. We are not going to be killed like bugs".

 

"Here in the US we also have laws preventing landlords from discriminating based on race or gender. But they are tested very seldom. So exceedingly seldom, in fact, that one can go one's entire lifetime blatantly discriminating with no fear of getting caught. Complaints to the appropriate agencies typically go without a response. It's not that the system is racist, or that the administrators are racists. It that they will receive 20,000 complaints per month and they only have one field agent to respond. And this is the case in every city, every state, all over the country. Private citizens have taken matter in their own hands, and have often proven more effective at exposing discrimination than the govt. agencies whose sole job is to expose and punish discrimination. Here, like there, we have all these wonderful laws and rules to live by. Rules that make our society sound positively utopian on paper. The problem is enforcement. Enforcement is often lacking, often spotty, unequal, and sometimes downright malicious. 
I know: "don't attribute to malice that which could be explained by ignorance'' but I think every single person and step in this system is fuelled by malice alone. I don't think that you or anyone else can change anything by appealing to system administration, the only way I think you can save your sanity is by letting the whole situation radicalize you...I mean the "system" really doesn't care...It is not meant to care, it is meant to produce money or to save as much money as possible. That's because the bigger system doesn't care, capitalism doesn't care for human wellbeing, it exist to produce wealth for the rich but it doesn't stop there, it dictates how every part of human life must be lived because it controls how everything is being produced, who can own what, what types of relationships you can make. Economic systems aren't a shadow that casts upon humans, they are the mold that shapes human consciousness. I personally find this idea helpful because after you have been radicalized you start to take actions that you know they will truly make things better".

 


"I find it really annoying that people in our societies will act like...people are just being dramatic about things, when the reality is that these services try extremely hard to keep people from using them. They only exist so people can say it does, dismissing peoples' arguments".



''As someone with a disability who has had to fight for their own rights, which were so casually denied despite it being specifically and explicitly illegal, I identified strongly with your story. Accepting compromise, accepting that you got the outcome you wanted, and being happy about it doesn't mean that you have forgotten those who weren't so fortunate or that you're leaving them behind. You're all fighting for the same thing and the fight is what's important--fighting so that we can ALL succeed. That there is a fight at all, for either of us, is not ok. We do what we can to campaign for others to be treated the same. It's the system that's at fault, not you. I also highlighted sections of relevant law and waited forever and suffered for it, and had people treat me in unacceptable ways. It's beyond frustrating to have your rights written clearly yet no one cares that what's happening violates your rights. It took me years to accept that it happened because it shouldn't, it shouldn't be possible''

 


"I’ve seen herd mentality in young children. My son is disabled and all he ever wanted was to feel included and belong. He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. I watched as these so called “nice” kids all ganged up on him. Individually they can be okay but in a group with one bully they all turn. Bullies are very sophisticated by the age of three. It’s fascinating and terrifying at the same time. I watched a 3 year old bully another 3 year old. She had two other kids working for her and would direct them on what to do and then pretend she had nothing to do with it".





No comments:

" Political economy begins with   commodities , with the moment when products are exchanged, either by individuals or by primitive comm...