Wednesday 26 October 2022

Ralph Ellison

"I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me".



"Our fate is to become one, and yet many".



"Humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat".



"When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves or figments of their imagination".



"I was never more hated than when I tried to be honest. Or when, even as just now, I’ve tried to articulate exactly what I felt to be the truth".



"Play the game, but don’t believe in it".



"Whence all this passion towards conformity anyway? Diversity is the word. Let man keep his many parts and you will have no tyrant states. Why, if they follow this conformity business, they'll end up by forcing me, an invisible man, to become white, which is not a color but the lack of one. Must I strive towards colorlessness?"




No comments:

" Political economy begins with   commodities , with the moment when products are exchanged, either by individuals or by primitive comm...